Priory Pre-school has been open on this site for over 25 years for children aged 2 ½ – 4 years and in September 2007 it became part of Priory Community School. It is registered with Ofsted and Children’s Social Care and is subject to their regular inspections.
We take around 24 children per session and have an adult to child ratio of 1:8 and 1:4 for under 3’s.
We have an equal opportunities policy for all children including those with Special Needs. It is the policy in our setting to create a secure and calm atmosphere, which will build confidence and promote good behaviour to assure success.
Aims and Objectives
The aims of our Pre-school are:
To provide a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which children will be encouraged to learn through play. We promote all aspects of the children’s development using the Early Years Foundation Stage, which is divided into 4 themes:
- A Unique Child
- Positive Relationships
- Enabling Environments
- Learning and Development
Priory Pre-school’s policy, aims and objectives
- Using the Early Years Foundation Stage and Every Child Matters, gives us a firm base to provide and ensure that children develop with confidence across the seven areas of learning, these being:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
- To provide an environment that promotes and encourages independence, confidence, and positive attitudes to learning and positive relationships with adults and peers.
- Meeting the needs of all children within an inclusive environment.
- Encourage children to be active in their learning and promote learning through play as this is how children learn in the Early Years.
- Practitioners to support children in their play both inside and outside.
- To observe the children in their play and use what they know about the children to plan appropriate play opportunities which will promote further development.
All areas of learning will be given equal importance, and we will ensure information about our children is passed on to new settings/ school to aid a smooth transition and settling in process.
We will work in close partnership with parents as we believe that they are their children’s prime educators. We always keep parents up to date with their children’s progress.
Joining us is easy. All you need to do is call us, or pop in to make an appointment, fill in the registration forms and this will place your child on the waiting list.
We will contact you to arrange sessions and starting dates, as and when they become available.
We recommend that you place your child’s name on the waiting list or start to look around for pre-school places when your child is about 12 to 18 months, as we take children from 2 and a half years of age.
Monday – Friday (morning session) 9.00 – 12.00
Monday – Friday Lunch Club 12.00 – 12.45 (Extra charge)
Monday – Friday (afternoon session) 12..45 – 3.45
You are able to add the lunch club to either a morning session, or an afternoon session or use the lunch to join a morning session and an afternoon session together to make a whole day from 9.00am - 3.45pm.